The City of Canada Bay is proposing to replace the existing amenities buildings at Timbrell Park with a new, architecturally-designed, modern and high-quality amenities building. The proposed amenities building will aim to meet the needs of the community, sporting clubs and the park users as a whole.
Key features of the Timbrell Park Amenities Upgrade will include:
- Improved facilities for all users of Timbrell Park
- A new canteen and multi-purpose room
- An outdoor undercover area for spectating and wet weather protection
- Unisex change rooms and showering facilities
- Upgraded public amenities
- Improved accessibility
- A bicycle repair station
- Drinking fountains.
The project will significantly improve the park’s inclusivity and accessibility by providing shared-use facilities for the entire community to enjoy. The Development Application was lodged and exhibited to the community in June 2020. Construction is expected to commence in early 2021 with completion scheduled for mid-2021.
For further information on this project, please see the FAQ section below.
Design and vision
- What are the objectives of this project?
- How is this project being funded?
- What are the benefits to the community?
- Will the public be able to use this facility?
- Who will own and maintain this facility?
- What are the key design principles?
- What are the site constraints?
- Were other locations within Timbrell Park considered?
- Why does the proposed building sit higher than the current buildings?
- Why is the new building larger than the current buildings?
- Will this project impact the way Timbrell Park is used?
- Will this proposed development impact traffic or parking?
- Has this development considered the Aboriginal heritage site in Timbrell Park?
- What is the planning process for this development?
- How is the community being consulted on this project?
The Development Application (DA2020/0137) is currently under review. To track the status of this Development Application please use the DA Online Tracking Tool and further information on this process please refer to Council’s website.
A Draft Community Engagement Report is being published as part of the Timbrell Park Plan of Management & Masterplan that provides detail on all feedback gathered on the building during the consultation phase. Additional information can be found in the last FAQ above. For further information, please see the Timbrell Park Plan of Management & Masterplan Collaborate page.
Be sure to follow this Collaborate page to receive email updates on the amenities building project. You can do this by clicking the "+ follow" button in the header image.