The City of Canada Bay is currently developing a new 10 year Plan of Management and Masterplan for Timbrell Park, Five Dock.
Timbrell Park is home to many significant facilities including sporting fields, inclusive play facility and café at Livvi’s Place, BMX track, passive recreation and picnic space, and an off-leash dog exercise area.
Many individuals and groups in our community visit this iconic park regularly and have a key role to play in the plan’s development. The park is currently undergoing changes that are important to many community groups, including:
- The protection and interpretation of a registered Aboriginal midden site
- Naturalising the storm water canal by Sydney Water
- Upgrading the main amenities building
- Upgrading the playing fields.
We would like your help to prepare the plan!
- What is important or special about the park to you?
- How do you use the park? How do you get there? What activities do you do there?
- What activities would you like to do in Timbrell Park that aren’t currently provided for?
- Are there any improvements or changes to the park that you would like to see?
You can have your input in a number of ways including:
- Completing the online community survey below and letting us know your favourite and least favourite locations in the park through the interactive map
- Meeting the project team on site engagement days:
- Wednesday, 20 November 7–9am near the playing fields
- Monday, 25 November 11am–12pm at Livvi’s Place
- Monday, 25 November 5–7pm near the playing fields
- Tuesday, 26 November 5–7pm near the playing fields
- Saturday, 7 December 9am–12pm near the playing fields
- Emailing email@example.com
- Posting to Locked Bag 1470, Drummoyne NSW 1470
- Calling 9911 6555
This information will be used to inform the development of a 10 year Plan of Management and Master Plan guiding the future use and upgrade of the park. There will be a further opportunity for the community to comment on the draft plans in 2020.