The Planning Proposal
A Planning Proposal has been received for the land at 160 Burwood Road, Concord (known as the Bushells site).
This Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Canada Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013 to:
- Rezone the land from IN1 General Industrial to part R3 Medium Density Residential, part B1 Neighbourhood Centre and part RE1 Public Recreation
- Permit “commercial premises” as an Additional Permitted Use
- Increase the maximum height of buildings from 12m to a range of heights up to 21m and RL 46.6 to reflect the existing height of the Central Roasting Hall (that is proposed to be retained)
- Increase the floor space ratio from 1.0:1 to 1.25:1
- Include a requirement for non-residential floor space to be provided on site and for any light industrial uses to be located on the ground floor and have appropriate floor to ceiling heights
- Require a contribution for affordable housing
- Apply a Foreshore Building Line
- Identify the Central Roasting Hall as a local heritage item.
You can download the Planning Proposal and supporting documents from the Document Library on this page or the NSW Planning Portal.
Have your say - feedback closes at 5pm, 08 July 2022
Read a hard copy
The Canada Bay Civic Centre, Drummoyne
1A Marlborough Street, Drummoyne from Monday to Friday 8:30am–4pm;
60 Flavelle Street, Concord
- Monday–Thursday: 9:30am–7:30pm
- Friday: 9:30am–5pm
- Saturday: 9:30am–4pm
- Sunday: 1–5pm
Five Dock Library
Level 1, 4–12 Garfield Street, Five Dock
- Monday to Thursday 9:30am–7:30pm
- Friday 9:30am–5pm
- Saturday 9:30am–4pm
- Sunday 1–5pm.