Thank you for your contributions. The project team will now consider input in final designs.
Wangal Park, Mortlake is currently undergoing significant upgrades. The park has amazing outlooks over the water and upgrading the park will ensure it remains a wonderful destination for residents and visitors in the future. The need for upgrades were first identified as part of the Breakfast Point Community Enhancement Plan for the area in 2015.
Since then, our team has worked with the community to understand the needs of park users to design upgrades that best suit the community. We have recently completed stage one works and are now seeking feedback on stage two concept designs until 11 November 2019.
The $1,700,000 upgrades will be completed in two stages:
Stage One ($700,000)
Works are now complete and include:
- Renewal of pedestrian lighting
- New native planting
- New sandstone access steps to the beach
- New picnic shelter and barbecue
- An indigenous recognition piece
- A new gravel pathway linking existing paths
- Punt Park
- Removal of the old model shed
- New pathways
- Native planting
Stage Two ($1,000,000)
These works are in the design phase and include:
- New nature playground (including swings and slides)
- Replacement jetty with kayak access
- Accessible pathways
- Planting (including a bush tucker garden)
- Upgraded picnic facilities
- Replacement barbecue
- Group seating area
Stage Two consultation
On 15 June 2019, we consulted the community on stage two when celebrating the beginning of stage one. Using feedback provided by the community, we have worked with designers at Play Workshop to develop plans for Stage Two and are now seeking feedback on these concept designs.