Artwork in public spaces adds colour, vibrancy and personality to our city. In recent years, we've worked with local artists to create beautiful murals across Canada Bay. In fact, the City is home to 65 permanent installations and hosts an average of 25 gallery exhibitions across our libraries and museum each year.
In our ongoing quest to keep Canada Bay colourful and bright, we are asking the community to find our next street art hot spot.
How to enter
- Find an awesome spot in your area that you'd like us to bring alive, find it on the map below and mark the spot.
- Tell us what you'd like to see there and why in 25 words or less.
- We'll choose the best spot AND commission an artwork there this year!
Get creative - street art can exist anywhere! Garage doors, walls, ping pong tables, on buildings you'd like to camouflage into natural surroundings, on messy walls that are often targets for graffiti, park benches and electricity boxes!
All entries go in the running to win a $200 dining voucher to a local restaurant of your choice.
All entries must:
- Be visible to the public (public facing building, wall, chair, staircase, garage door, table...)
- Serve a purpose or help the local landscape in some way (adding vibrancy to the space, covering up graffiti, bringing attention to the building, community or what is signifies, or helping a wall blend it better with its natural environment)
- Your suggested artwork should hold local culture significance and tell a story about the area.
Where would you like to see a mural?
Get creative! We've commissioned art on walls, garages, RMS boxes, ping pong tables and picnic tables in all shapes and sizes!