Feedback closed. Thank you to everyone who reviewed the Planning Proposal and submitted feedback.
Council has prepared a Planning Proposal that will deliver Stage 1 (the 2016-2023 release areas) of the Parramatta Road Corridor Urban Transformation Strategy (PRCUTS). The PRCUTS sets out the NSW Government’s 30 year plan for the Corridor and identifies the future land use, development decisions and long-term infrastructure. To view the PRCUTS, click here.
The Planning Proposal seeks to amend the Canada Bay Local Environmental Plan 2013 (LEP) for the three precincts that are within the City of Canada Bay:
- Homebush North
- Kings Bay.
The PRCUTS Planning Proposal for Stage 1 is now on public exhibition. You are invited to review the Planning Proposal and provide feedback up until 15 March 2022.
The Planning Proposal describes the proposed planning controls, including maximum buildings heights, densities and infrastructure to be provided. It also describes proposed active street frontages, community infrastructure and sustainability incentives, amongst other local provisions.
Draft DCP and Infrastructure Strategy
A draft Development Control Plan (DCP) and Infrastructure Strategy for the Stage 1 release areas of the PRCUTS are also on public exhibition for community feedback until 15 March 2022.
The DCPs describe the proposed finer grain planning controls and the Infrastructure Strategy describes the incentives that are available in return for delivery of the community infrastructure that is necessary to support development.
Changes specific to the three PRCUTS precincts can be viewed via the links below. Please view in full screen.
- Draft PRCUTS DCP - Homebush North Precinct
- Draft PRCUTS DCP - Burwood-Concord Precinct
- Draft PRCUTS DCP - Kings Bay Precinct
- Draft PRCUTS Infrastructure Strategy - Stage 1
- Draft PRCUTS Community Infrastructure Map
Note: some proposed DCP changes are more general in nature and are contained in the recently exhibited draft Canada Bay DCP General Controls.
The evidence base for the Planning Proposal
The following studies and documents support the planning proposal and DCP. Please view in full screen.
- Kings Bay Urban Design Masterplan
- Burwood-Concord Urban Design Masterplan
- Homebush North Urban Design Masterplan
- Public Domain Plan
- Sustainability Strategy
- Flood Risk Assessment for Kings Bay and Burwood Precincts
- Contamination Assessment
- Draft Local Character Statement - Homebush North Precinct
- Draft Local Character Statement - Burwood-Concord Precinct
- Draft Local Character Statement - Kings Bay Precinct
- Parramatta Road Corridor Traffic and Transport Study