We strive to continuously improve the safety of our community, maintain a high level of community satisfaction, and further increase liveability of the City of Canada Bay.
Our aim is that everyone who lives in, or visits the City of Canada Bay, has the confidence to get out and about in their daily life with little to no fear for their own safety or the safety of others.
In 2019, we asked for and heard your comments and perspectives on safety in our area. As a result, we have prepared a draft Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan to ensure the City of Canada Bay maintains a high level of community safety.
The draft plan aims to:
- Reduce incidents of crime within our area
- Maintain and improve the safety of our area
- Increase social cohesion, community connection and engagement.
It identifies eight priority areas:
- Reduce identity and online fraud
- Reduce stealing from motor vehicles
- Reduce crime through environmental design
- Improve road and pedestrian safety
- Improve lighting
- Work collaboratively and keep up to date
- Increase feelings of safety, particularly at night
- Increase social harmony through local connections.
We would like to hear your feedback on the draft plan to help us finalise the document. The draft strategy is on exhibition from Wednesday, 1 July until 5pm Tuesday, 11 August 2020.
How to provide feedback:
- Via the form below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Locked Bay 1470, Drummoyne NSW 1470
Please review the draft Plan and provide your feedback. You can read it below on the screen, or download and print here.
If this draft plan has raised any
issues for you, or if you are concerned about someone you know, call Lifeline
on 13 11 14.
To report a crime, call 000 in an emergency or 131 444 for all general inquiries and non-emergencies.
Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to provide anonymous information about criminal activity.