We stand with our local business community during this time and will regularly update this page.
The City of Canada Bay is providing a wide range of support for its local businesses in response to COVID–19.
- The Canada Bay Connects program to help local community and businesses foster connection, share news and ideas, and gain support from across the Council and other levels of government
- Regularly updated business directory of businesses offering services during COVID–19.
- Developing a targeted section on Council’s website dedicated to information and resources for businesses, including links to the Federal Government’s stimulus package and any support packages provided by the NSW Government.
Council have put a number of measures in place to help keep businesses afloat through the COVID–19 pandemic.
- Waiving outdoor and footpath dining fees for the fourth quarter/until end of June 2020.
- Implementing a flexible approach to parking and other infringements
- Injecting more money into the economy by processing payments faster & buying local.
- Being open to payment terms discussions as required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries
A number of policy changes have been made to further support local business in this time of hardship.
- Supporting businesses to increase or introduce takeaway food options to allow for social distancing
- Only taking enforcement action for matters that present an imminent public, environmental, health or safety risk
- Allowing supermarkets and other stores to operate their loading docks 24 hours a day to deliver essential goods.
Residents and businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19 and are having severe difficulty paying their rates can apply for financial relief under the Rates Hardship Policy. Interest relief on late rates apply.
Please email email@example.com to discuss options.